Dispatchers act as a communication point for emergency and non-emergency calls. You will receive requests, transmit messages and track vehicles. Dispatcher will be primarily an excellent communicator and able to remain calm and composed, especially in emergency situations. You must be able to multi-task as well as take the appropriate action with little supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information
• Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
• Receive and dispatch orders for products or deliveries
• Prioritize calls according to urgency and importance
• Use radio, phone or computer to send crews, vehicles or other field units to appropriate locations
• Monitor the route and status of field units to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
• Provide field units with information about orders, traffic, obstacles and requirements
• Enter data in computer system and maintain logs and records of calls, activities and other information
• Updating information to software and driver on status
• Answer all inbound calls
• Make sure all calls are not left unattended
• Complying with all company policies and procedures
• All other duties assigned by management
Medical, Dental, and Vision. We are an ESOP company (Employee Owned).
Qualifications and Skills:
– Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and lift 50+ lbs.
– Must be able to pass a drug screen and DOT physical.
– Must be able to pass a criminal background check
– Towing experience preferred but not necessary, will train the right candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Guardian Fleet Services, Inc is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer